DECATUR COUNTY

 

Decatur County was created from Early County on Dec. 8, 1823 by an act of the General Assembly. The county was organized by an act of Dec. 19, 1823. Georgia's 58th county was named for U.S. Navy Commodore Stephen Decatur. In 1920, Seminole County was created entirely from Decatur County. Also, portions of Decatur County were used to help create Thomas County (1825) and Grady County (1905).

Click on the image below for an interactive road map.

Southwest Georgia

Regional Commission

 

181 East Broad Street

Camilla, GA, 31730

 

(229)522-3552

(229)522-3558 fax

 

jhamilton@swgrc.org

www.swgrc.org

Print Print | Sitemap
© Southwest Georgia Regional Commission