COLQUITT COUNTY

 

Colquitt County was created on Feb. 25, 1856 by an act of the General Assembly. Colquitt County was created from Thomas and Lowndes County.Georgia's 115th county was named for  U.S. Sen. Walter T. Colquitt (1799-1855), Who died the previous year. The county seat, Moultrie, was formed in 1879 and named for General William Moultrie, who was a Revolutionary War heroand a governor of the state of South Carolina.

Click on the image below for an interactive road map.

Southwest Georgia

Regional Commission

 

181 East Broad Street

Camilla, GA, 31730

 

(229)522-3552

(229)522-3558 fax

 

jhamilton@swgrc.org

www.swgrc.org

Print Print | Sitemap
© Southwest Georgia Regional Commission