Ochlocknee, a small agricultural community located in the northwest quadrant of Thomas County, is believed to have been settled as early as 1830, although 1860 is the widely accepted year of founding. The name is derivative of the river that flows through it, the Ochlocknee River, which is thought to be a Native American term meaning “crooked waters.” The first post office was built in 1868, and the community received a governing charter from Georgia in 1877.
Click on the image below for an interactive road map.
Annexation and Deannexation Reporting << Click Here >>
181 East Broad Street
Camilla, GA, 31730