DONALSONVILLE

 

ACCORDING TO A MAP `PLAN OF DONALSON` DATED APRIL 1889, THE TOWN WAS LAID OUT BY JOHN EARNEST DONALSON. ON DECEMBER 8, 1897, A CHARTER, SIGNED BY GOVERNOR WILLIAM YATES ATKINSON, WAS GRANTED INCORPORATING THE TOWN OF DONALSONVILLE. OFFICERS APPOINTED WERE: THOMAS CHASON, MAYOR; JOHN E. DONALSON, W.B. KING, S.D. CHERRY, R.D. CARR, ALDERMEN. THIS CHARTER WAS AMENDED AUGUST 12, 1922 AND THE NAME CHANGED TO CITY OF DONALSONVILLE.

Click on the image below for an interactive road map.

Southwest Georgia

Regional Commission

 

181 East Broad Street

Camilla, GA, 31730

 

(229)522-3552

(229)522-3558 fax

 

jhamilton@swgrc.org

www.swgrc.org

Print Print | Sitemap
© Southwest Georgia Regional Commission