Nicknamed "The Peanut Capital of the World," Blakely incorporated October 24, 1870. The Early County seat of government remembers Captain Johnson Blakely of North Carolina, who was lost at sea on the U.S.S. Wasp in the War of 1812. Built around 1905, the Early County courthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Also of interest in the city are the peanut monument, Kolomoki Mounds Historic Park and the Coheelee Creek Covered Bridge.
Click on the image below for an interactive road map.
Annexation and Deannexation Reporting << Click Here >>
181 East Broad Street
Camilla, GA, 31730